Sunday, March 2, 2014

LUPITA WINS AGAIN!!!

Congratulations to this woman Lupita Nyong’o who has been wowing us with her style, grace, and incredible wins this year. On Sunday, she took home an Oscar, for Best Supporting Actress in 12 Years A Slave, wearing a light blue couture Prada dress, check out some of her speech below:

" It doesn’t escape for one moment that so much joy in my life is because of so much pain in someone else’s."

In between tears, she thanked Steven McQueen, the cast, her brother and added:

" When I look down at this golden statue, may it remind me and every little child, that your dreams are valid."

Lupita beat out Sally Hawkins, “Blue Jasmine”; Jennifer Lawrence, “American Hustle”; Julia Roberts, “August: Osage County”; and June Squibb, “Nebraska”. During a recent speech at ESSENCE’s Black Women in Hollywood luncheon, she shared:

I remember a time when I too felt unbeautiful. I put on the TV and only saw pale skin, I got teased and taunted about my night-shaded skin. And my one prayer to God, the miracle worker, was that I would wake up lighter-skinned."

For her role in 12 Years A Slave, she has also won the Screen Actors Guild and Critics’ Choice Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role. Congrats, Lupita!

God Bless You!!!

thejasminebrand

No comments:

Post a Comment