Wednesday, May 28, 2014

MAYA ANGELOU LEAVES BEHIND MANY WHO ADMIRED HER

"Today Maya Angelou died at her home in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, on Wednesday, said her literary agent, Helen Brann. Angelou had been "frail" and suffering from heart problems, the agent said".

In my heart a wonderful inspiration to humanity has gone to heaven. Maya Angelou is the epidemy of what it meant to live fruitful, and graceful. As I type these words I remember a time when I first started writing. I remember reading her book 'I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings' and wanting to write just as eliquently. Every word moved you, and had you on the edge of your seat. Today as I still write with hopes of being just as talented, I write to hopefully allow people to not only read what I write, but literally hear my voice as they did Maya. Hearing this news has changed me forever, and I am sure many people feel the same. Rest In Peace Maya Angelou.

See an note that Oprah Winfrey wrote today after the news of Maya's passing:

One of the most touching messages I read to today was from Oprah Winfrey, as other also took to their pages, I know Oprah and her were very good friends. See below:

I've been blessed to have Maya Angelou as my mentor, mother/sister, and friend since my 20’s. She was there for me always, guiding me through some of the most important years of my life. The world knows her as a poet but at the heart of her, she was a teacher. ‘When you learn, teach. When you get, give’ is one of my best lessons from her. She won three Grammys, spoke six languages and was the second poet in history to recite a poem at a presidential inauguration. But what stands out to me most about Maya Angelou is not what she has done or written or spoken, it’s how she lived her life. She moved through the world with unshakeable calm, confidence and a fierce grace. I loved her and I know she loved me. I will profoundly miss her. She will always be the rainbow in my clouds.

God Bless You!!

No comments:

Post a Comment