Thursday, May 31, 2012

MARY J. BLIJE DEALS WITH CHARITY MISHAPS

You know I love me some Mary J. Blije. It was difficult to even write about this until I knew the facts.. Well here they are:

Over the weekend, news hit that Mary J. Blige’s charity, “The Mary J. Blige and Steve Stoute Foundation For The Advancement Of Women Now” (FFAWN) was sued by TD Bank for an unpaid loan that was due to be paid off by December. There were also allegations that Blige’s charity had bounced checks and not properly paid for some of the musicians that performed during a celebrity gala. Tuesday, Blige called radio personality Angie Martinez to address FFAWN’s recent financial misuse allegations. During the conversation, she explains,

"I am ultimately responsible for anything that goes wrong. The problem is that I didn’t have the right people in the right places doing the right things. This should have never been allowed to happen, but it did and now we are fixing it.”


Dang Mary, your people have to do better. Your foundation reflects you as a person; be more careful in the people who are working for you next time. I still love you girl!

Jasminebrand.com

No comments:

Post a Comment