Wednesday, April 18, 2012

DICK CLARK DIES

Dick Clark -- famed TV producer and "New Year's Rockin' Eve" host -- died from a massive heart attack this morning ... TMZ has learned.

Clark's rep tells TMZ, the TV icon had been in St. John's hospital in L.A. after undergoing an outpatient procedure last night. Clark suffered the "massive" heart attack following the procedure. Attempts to resuscitate him were unsuccessful.

Clark was 82.

Clark's health had been on the decline since he suffered a significant stroke in 2004 -- forcing him to retire from his hosting gig at "New Year's Rockin' Eve," which he created in 1972. Ryan Sea crest took over in 2006. Dick has appeared on the show sporadically ever since. His final appearance was in 2011.

Dick Clark was iconic to me because of all the memories I shared with my mom and dad growing up bringing in the New Years festivities before I could go out on the town by own self in the later years. Dick Clark made me excited to be at home, even when I knew I would of much rather been in the streets- not so much my mom's plans but still. He graced us with a laugh, and cute humor that made us want to let the last year go with a bang. Thanks Dick. Rest In Peace.

TMZ.com

No comments:

Post a Comment